How To Get Your First Job When You’re Unemployed
To everyone who is unemployed or looking for their first job right now:
- First, find a job that allows you to pay the bills and learn in-demand skills.
- Apply to high-paying remote jobs, but see those as a long-term game.
Please prioritize your well-being and mental health!
This is especially for all juniors, students, graduates, and career changers that have messaged me.
Getting Your First High-Paying Remote Job
I must be honest with you, getting a high-paying remote job requires you to have gained significant experience before that. It is a very competitive process.
I recommend you to:
- Get your first job at a local company to gain experience (yes, going to the office sucks, and low wages suck too, I know).
- Keep applying and interviewing for remote jobs on the side.
- Learn what you're missing, and hone those skills.
- Eventually, you'll get offers for remote positions. Accept one, even if the salary isn't stellar, it will be a stepping stone.
- Keep honing your skills applying. You can get pickier as you grow.
- Eventually, you'll get better offers, and from more interesting companies.
You learn and you earn.
In. That. Order.
Remember this while you're putting in the effort. And while you're working a grinding job. It will get better, allow yourself the time to upskill and get there.
Follow us for more knowledge about remote work
We'll be publishing new articles every week, and new social media content every day. If you enjoyed this article, follow us on Twitter or Linkedin, and stay in the loop. Share our content and drop us a comment there. Let's help more people learn about remote work.